We are seeking a committed and passionate leader, brewer and beer lover to produce delicious, award-winning north Queensland craft beer. You will be leading a small team of assistant brewers, reporting directly to the CEO and managing the entire manufacturing process. You will be working at our stunning Cairns location on the wharf overlooking the mountains and water, working a maximum 45 hours per week (no weekends or public holidays).
Who are we?
Hemingway’s Brewery is a local, independent craft brewery producing a range of outstanding craft beers. Hemingway’s Brewery consists of two waterfront gastro-brew pubs both in stunning locations of Port Douglas and Cairns. Hemingway’s Brewery is the first of its kind in Far North Queensland and offers a relaxed vibe where handcrafted beers suited to the tropical climate can be enjoyed along with our range of food offerings. We are driven by innovation, authenticity, quality, and performance.
What does the role look like?
- Brewing our core range of beers on appropriate brewing schedules
- Designing new exceptional beers that our customers will fall in love with
- Managing the inventory management system including end of month stocktakes
- Ensure compliance and commitment to specifications, standards and safety
- Ensure commitment to quality, documentation and record keeping
- Leading and managing a small team of Assistant Brewers
- Positively liaising with customers, suppliers, agents and on-site hospitality team members
- Ongoing reporting of key brewery metrics to ensure alignment with KPIs and forecasts
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications – preference will be given to IBD Diploma of Brewing qualification
- Relevant experience – preference will be given to 5+ years experience as a Head/Master Brewer
- Forklift licence (or willing to obtain)
- Passion for the science and art of beer
- An enthusiastic yet meticulous attitude
- Excellent ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional leadership skills and desire to create a high performing team
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Strong social and communication skills
- Willing to live and work in beautiful Cairns
How to Apply:
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your current resume
- A short letter about you, tell us what isn’t on your resume